Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Dinner

We usually post our culinary adventures in the sidebar but Susan made such a fantastic Christmas dinner that I wanted to share more of the story with you. Our schedule over the holidays has been a little odd. I am recovering from surgery so I sleep most of the time and Susan has been struggling with a cold. As a result, we did not have Christmas dinner until December 27. Susan made a Shrimp Bisque that could stand up to anything served at a local restaurant. The rest of the meal consisted of Rosemary Apricot Pork Tenderloin, Carrot Celery Root Puree and Spiced Stone Fruit Chutney. This meal was so good that it is hard to describe it with mere words. We are going to make homemade ice cream for dessert over the next week using the ice cream maker that Susan gave me for Christmas.
Santa was very generous this year. We received gift cards to some of our favorite restaurants and spending money. Below is a picture of stepping stones that I gave to Susan to honor the furry members of our family.

These are going to look great at our new place. Speaking of houses, we are still waiting for word that the sale of my house has closed.

0 comments: