Monday, June 21, 2010

Birthday Weekend

June 18 was my birthday, but since Susan was working that day we waited until Saturday to celebrate begin celebrating. Mom and Dad are coming for a visit this Friday and when they are here we are going to celebrate my birthday, Dad's birthday and Father's Day all together. Saturday morning we went to the Flower and Antique Show in Yakima. Several landscaping vendors and antique dealers had booths set up for viewing. My favorite part of the show was this train display. Even though the track was small, this moving 5-car train was just so adorable.

I spent most of my time getting ideas for our yard, especially the front and looking for antique picture frames. This old bike full of flowers was beautiful.
This was a pretty little waterfall. I don't know if we will have a water feature in our front yard, but I took pictures anyway.
This checkers set was very clever. I especially liked the fact that players didn't have to bend over to play. The checkers had a hook on the top and the black handles you can see in the foreground hooked onto each checker so you could move them around the board. This is a great idea if you entertain a lot.
Susan made reservations at Greystone on Saturday evening. This is a place I have wanted to try for a few months and the food was just fantastic. I had marinated flank steak with shrimp. They served it with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. I even got a free piece of cake for dessert. YUM!

2 comments:

David & Juanita Anum said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely waterfall, i think i'd like something similar in my garden. Thanks for the inspiration.

Check out my blog;)
http://anonymouscandy.blogspot.com/

Annah said...

Oh my God I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that checkers thing. It is soooo beautiful and yes, what a great way to entertain!

Happy birthday.