Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Under the Sidewalk

In my last post I mentioned that our contractor needed to connect a pipe to the downspout on the front of the house. Today they started the process of getting a hole dug under the sidewalk that they can place a pipe through to connect to the downspout. Mike is in the Bobcat just starting to dig out the trench for the pipe.

Another guy is digging by hand on the house side. With any luck the holes will match up.

Ben laid a pipe down in the trench that Mike just made with the Bobcat.

Then, Mike started nudging the pipe forward with the Bobcat. I though this was a very clever way to get under the sidewalk. Well, it did not take long before the end of the pipe broke into several small pieces. The guys just cut off the broken end and kept right on going. I think they have done this a time or two.
I'm not sure what is happening now because I came into the house, but I can still hear them working. The dogs are not impressed with the banging taking place while the guys try to get a hold dug under the sidewalk.

0 comments: