Friday, July 20, 2012

Growing our Food

I thought I would take a few pictures to show the progress of some of the food we are growing in our raised beds. The herb garden is doing very well.  There are several things in here including basil and rosemary.
Susan already picked the garlic.  I am excited to taste it to see if I can tell the difference between homegrown and what we buy. 
 We eat a lot of lettuce so it is nice to see that it grows so well. 
 Italian parsley is in the front of the picture and there are several different tomato plants in the back.
We have eaten several strawberries already and while they might be small, they are very sweet. These are last years plants.  Susan covered them with straw over the winter and they came right back this year. 
The empty part of the bed is where the garlic was growing.  Walla Walla onions are still growing.  YUM!
 If you look closely we can see at least one zucchini on this plant. I love zucchini!

0 comments: