Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Alaska

During my recent visit to Alaska I took way too many pictures - something I always do.  Since I can't show them all here, I decided to select a few of my favorites from each of the three weeks I was gone. My favorite of almost all my photos was this bald eagle in Juneau.  I could not believe how close I was when I spotted the eagle.  If you click on the image for a larger view, you can actually see the individual feathers on his head and back. 
I really liked the tram ride up the mountain in Juneau. Our tour group went on a short nature hike once we reached the summit. We saw several bald eagles on the mountain.
Even though I have seen the glaciers before, this was my first visit to Glacier Bay. I am always surprised at the tremendous noise the glacier makes when part of the ice breaks free and falls into the bay.
This is a picture of Creek Street in Ketchikan, the original 'Red Light District'. The salmon run was incredible even though I was there during low tide.
I finally rode the White Pass railroad out of Skagway. This was an incredible trip and well narrated by our guide.

0 comments: