Saturday, April 11, 2009

March News

Even though we didn't start this blog until April, last month was a very busy month for us. Mom was admitted to Banner Baywood Medical Center in Mesa, Arizona on March 13 with a ruptured appendix. She was very sick for a few weeks but she left the hospital on March 30 and is continuing her recovery at home. She and Dad still plan on going on a cruise in May.

Sadly, our Aunt Evelyn passed away in Spokane, WA while Mom was in the hospital. Evelyn had previously requested that no funeral service be held, but her girls are planning a family reunion this summer to celebrate her life. It has been several years since Susan and I have seen our cousins so I hope they hold the reunion when we can attend.

I have my new power chair now, a Jazzy Select GT. I also had a power lift installed on my Highlander. While it takes extra time to load and unload the chair, it sure makes it easier to get around, especially in large stores like Home Depot or Costco.

On March 28, we went to dinner at Tony's Steakhouse, one of Yakima's newest restaurants. The inside is much bigger than it looks from the street and the food was wonderful.

0 comments: