Saturday, June 27, 2009

Butter Fingers

Oh My Gosh! Have you ever experience those weeks when you tend to drop everything you pick up? A few days ago, I dropped Susan's ceramic crockpot onto the cement garage floor and it broke into a zillion pieces. I felt really bad because she has had the crockpot for many, many years and it worked really well. Then last night I was carrying one of those small plastic cups of pudding and, you guessed it, I dropped it and chocolate pudding when all over the front of my recliner and all over the carpet. I'm amazed it missed Toby because where there's food he is never far away. Now, you might think this is the worst of this story, but oh no. Today Susan and I went to the The Majestic to watch the new Disney movie Up. I went in to use the restroom before we went into the theatre. When I was in the stall, I looked down at my hand and my ticket wasn't there. I thought I must have dropped it on the floor because I know it was in my hand when I entered. I dropped it alright, but it went into the toilet. Of course I had to rescue the ticket, but when I tried to dry it off, it broke apart. Now I am thinking that it is going to be a miracle if these guys let me into the theatre, but they did! Of course, I didn't tell them exactly how the ticket got wet. I am not going to pick up anything important for a couple of days and hopefully this phase shall pass. No drink for me tonight!

0 comments: