Monday, June 1, 2009

Yakima Greenway

Susan, Toby and I had a wonderful time on Sunday. We went to the Yakima Greenway and spent over three hours on the trails. Susan and Toby walked and I rode around in my Jazzy.

The Greenway consists of over ten miles of paved pathways that connect parks, river access landings, nature trails, fishing lakes and protected natural areas.

The Greenway stretches from Selah Gap to Union Gap and west along the Naches River.

Susan went geocaching while we were at the Greenway, but she ran out of time before locating the cache. She is going to try again soon. Toby and I sat in the shade and enjoyed talking
to people along the path while Susan was looking for the cache.

After leaving the Greenway, we went to the Farmer's Market and bought some herb plants, fresh honey made from plants at Mt. Saint Helens and some fresh bread from a local bakery. Toby was tired, so he rode around in my chair with me. He got a lot of attention and got to rub noses with a Bichon. A good time was had by all!

0 comments: